The Voice of Fuquay-Varina High School

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

FVHS coop shows off new polish

Ella Wachtel
FVHS is updating our former chicken coop in preparation for our newest animals on campus.

Our very own chicken coop here at Fuquay Varina High School has been in the process of its new makeover over the past two weeks. It has proven to be a good process so far with a smooth paint job and new flowers to spruce up the previously barren coop.

This new makeover, which covered the coop in flowers and decorations, was to coincide with the arrival of our new rabbits in the next couple weeks to add even more life to the glowing paint job.

“I was really excited to paint everything. We painted rabbits on the back and all the flowers and everything. It was really fun,” said sophomore Emma Peacock.

In addition to the painted decorations, the students are planning to add their own personal touches.

“We’re going to have a sign that’s going to be the Japanese letters of ‘rabbit habitat’ and we’ll have all of our names on it,” said Peacock, describing the vision of the future of the coop’s design.

According to Peacock, the most difficult part for her was planting the Japanese maple, due to the ground in the coop having cement under it. This has caused trouble for the plants to be sown and may make it difficult in the future for the plant to root and establish itself. 

This brand new makeover gives the coop a new shine that previously was not present. Students are looking forward to the completion of the project and the addition of our new pets.