FVHS releases information about Prom 2024

Ella Wachtel
Fuquay Varina High School Students are excited about prom for 2024. Picture taken by Anthony Forzaglia.

Prom is coming fast, so here is the information you need to know. Prom will be held from 8-11 p.m., Saturday, Apr. 27, 2024. This year’s prom is happening at the Hilton Raleigh North Hills at 3415 Wake Forest Rd. 

A Walk on the Beach is this year’s theme for Prom. You could coordinate your outfit if you want to go with the decorations and activities set up at Prom.

To be eligible to go to prom you can’t be suspended from school after Friday, Mar. 1, 2024. You can’t have more than ten absences this semester or be failing any of your classes. Prom is seen as a privilege that must be earned for students and not something you as a student are entitled to.

If you want to bring a guest the form is due at 2 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 17, 2024. Forms are to be turned in to the Front Office. The rules for guests are you can’t bring more than one, and anyone that isn’t a junior or senior at FVHS has to have a form filled out for them. This could include underclassmen, people from other schools, and people who graduated that are under the age of 21. You have to pay $40 online for your guest which is on Wake County Public High School Online School Payments, which can be found on the FVHS website. 

While this is a formal event, your outfit can’t go against the school dress code, and you cannot break other school rules since it is a school event and you’re representing the school in public. No alcohol or other illegal items should be brought to the Prom. The school can give a consequence for breaking any of these rules. 

Senior Jordan Jones said, “Honestly I’m excited to dress up and then just hang out with all of my friends.”