The Voice of Fuquay-Varina High School

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

Helping Pets Thrive Drive assists local shelters

The first annual “Helping Pets Thrive Drive” will be held at FVHS until Dec. 20. It has been going on since November, and so far has been a very successful event. 

The pet drive is a fundraiser to help the Wake County Animal Shelters and PawPrints.org. This event is sponsored by the Interact Club in order to give back to those in need during the holiday season. 

The club wanted to do something different that had never been done before at our school. They decided to collect food and supplies in order to donate to said organizations. 

All donations will go towards said organizations for different animals. Once the event is over, they plan to bring all the supplies to the shelters themselves. 

Students are encouraged to donate items such as blankets, towels, toys, treats, and food in order to give to the animals in need. If students do donate, bring your items to room 2805 B. 

So far, they have received plenty of food, blankets, and towels. 

“I didn’t know what to expect because we’ve never done this before, but I’m so thrilled we’ve received all these items,” said Interact Club advisor Christine Fruth. 

There is still plenty of time until this event is over. Don’t forget to donate your items so you can help pets in need.