The Voice of Fuquay-Varina High School

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

Pep rally shows school spirit

On Friday, Oct. 27, FVHS hosted their first pep rally in a very long time, leading up to our last home football game. Events like pieing principals in the face, a relay race, and performances made the pep rally come together and be successful. 

When the idea was proposed to admin, senior Ralph Philips was overjoyed by the opportunity to fulfill the role of being the student in charge.

“I wanted to be the head of this event because being a fall athlete and a proud Bengal through and through, I wanted to make it big and fun,” said Philips.

The first event was recognizing all the fall athletes and their accomplishments. The team captains were announced and appreciated for their hard work during their seasons. 

Next was a highly anticipated pieing of the FVHS staff. A raffle was held to see which student could win the opportunity to pie an admin in the face. The winners were announced at the rally. The winners then got to choose which staff member they were going to pie.

The FVHS Orange Crush worked very hard to get everyone involved and make sure everyone had a good time. They introduced many new chants and played lots of music to get the students excited. 

“Even though there wasn’t much participation, I still think it was fun and entertaining, “ said sophomore Delia Ward. 

The relay race was the next event, where every grade was competing against each other to win the FVHS spirit stick. One male and one female from every grade were voted by their peers in order to participate. The race included a potato sweep, three-legged race, and ended with the girls putting on football gear and running to the middle of the field. 

The last event was a performance each from the dance and cheer team. Both teams had very elaborate routines in order to get everyone excited about the game and to help show their school spirit. 

“The process was really long and really hard. We’ve been working for around three weeks, but it was all worth it in the end,” said junior Jordan Enwereuzor.