Welcome to Moe’s!

The debate about whether Moe’s or Chipotle is better, continues among students.

Moe’s versus Chipotle is an ever present debate between two popular Tex-Mex fast food chains. Both offer Mexican inspired foods with a wide variety of fresh ingredients and both have build-your-own burritos, but Moe’s is known for its menu options, while Chipotle is known mainly for their custom-made burritos.

In terms of pricing, Moe’s offers better value for what you spend. You don’t have to pay extra for chips and salsa. A chicken burrito from Moe’s costs $10.00 while Chipotle’s costs $9.00. If you add chips to that Chipotle’s order, it comes out to around $10.85, $11.20 including salsa. 

Not only does Moe’s offer free chips and salsa, but it also offers a wider variety of salsas. 

Junior Dylan Hankins remarked, “They’ve got better prices, better ingredients, and a wider selection.” 

Many go to Moe’s because they offer their energetic crew and their iconic greeting, “Welcome to Moe’s!” Chipotle doesn’t share the same environment. Hankins had a similar experience stating that he prefers Moe’s for “their energy” and that they make him “feel welcome.”

Chipotle has also had problems in the past with food poisoning and E. Coli outbreaks.

“You never hear about stuff like that from Moe’s,” said Hankins. Chipotle’s history really makes you question the safety of their food, while Moe’s doesn’t have many cases of health concerns.

Moe’s overall offers better selections of foods, ingredients, and salsas. They offer better prices and free chips, while their competitor doesn’t. They have a welcoming and energetic atmosphere, and they have a much better history of food safety.