Best pools to go to in NC

Erin Fahringer
There are loads of fun, family-friendly pools in NC for this upcoming summer!

The pool is a common place for students, friends, and families to visit during the summer. The pool is a great place to have fun in summer, but also to get exercise and relax. In NC, there are various pools to go to, all including something different. They can range from big, to small, to budget-friendly.

“I like going to the pool because it’s fun to go to, and when it’s hot in the summer, it’s one of the places I enjoy going to,” said sophomore Matteo Soto.

Buffaloe Road Aquatic Center in Raleigh is a water park with a lazy river, water slides, a place to play basketball, water volleyball, and an indoor water playground. There are also lap lanes and areas for all age groups. This aquatic center is best known for its fitness programs, and it also has accessibility for people with disabilities.

“I usually go swimming with friends or family, and it’s not only fun, but it’s good exercise,” said sophomore Logan Rouse.

Triangle Aquatic Center is located in Cary and is one of the largest public aquatic facilities in the state. This place has a 50-meter pool, a 25-yard program pool, and lap pools. It also has a cafe and is open to all visitors of all abilities.

Homestead Aquatic Center is located in Chapel Hill. This center has a 25-meter pool with 10 lanes, along with other pools. They have an indoor pool and an outdoor pool which is open seasonally. 

“I like to go to the pool when it’s hot outside to cool off and tan,” said sophomore Willow Springs High School student Gianna Burgos. 

Cordelia’s swimming pool is located in Charlotte. This is a great place to go if you’re on a budget and is great for family trips. They only have a $2 fee per person, and they also offer swimming lessons starting June 24. 

With summer coming up, the pool is a great option to go to, for exercise and hanging out with families and friends.