Chorus presents their last concert of year

Over the year, Tyler Cole’s choir classes have participated in multiple concerts and competitions. The last concert will be on May 23, 2024.
Contributed photo

The last chorus concert of the year will be held in the auditorium at 7 p.m. on May 23, 2024. 

The concert is free for admission, and the seats are first come first serve for everyone. 

There is no set dress code, but it’s suggested that you dress in nice attire. The chorus will be dressed in all black attire.

Throughout the year, the chorus has had concerts in October, December, and March. These have been successful, and students look forward to supporting and watching their friends and fellow peers. 

Chorus has been practicing for this concert since their last one on March 21. They have worked very hard on the music to make this concert memorable. 

This concert will have a very dynamic set of music, which includes “Just The Way You Are” from Bruno Mars, “Just a Dream” from Nelly, “Kyrie” from Sandra Howard, “The Little Light of Mine” from Moses Hogan, “Ride on King Jesus” from Moses Hogan, and “May it Be” from Enya.

This will be some of the students’ last time performing on the Fuquay Varina High School chorus stage.

“It has been really cool being a part of this program for my last year of high school. Going on trips, competing, performing, and growing with my choir has been an experience I will look back on for many years to come. Love my chorus kids,” said senior and choir student Lilly Bruffey.

But with the seniors leaving, this brings a new set of freshmen and new choir students for next year. 

“I am excited for choir next year with all the new incoming people that have signed up, and the new songs and experiences,” said sophomore and choir student Addison Smith.