‘Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga’ Review

Ella Wachtel
“Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga” received a lot of good feedback from viewers.

The highly anticipated sequel to the 2015 post-apocalyptic masterpiece “Mad Max: Fury Road,” “Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga,” is not just another post-apocalyptic film. It’s a unique blend of action, drama, and intense performances that has set it apart in the film industry. This distinctiveness has earned it rave reviews from Letterboxd and respected film critics on Rotten Tomatoes. 

“In this thunderous prequel, Anya Taylor-Joy burns with intensity,” said Richard Roeper, American columnist and film critic via Chicago Sun-Times.

Furiosa has also received much positive feedback from critics on Letterboxd, which has given Furiosa four out of five stars. (The second highest rating of any movie in 2024)

Along with the reviews, “Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga” immerses the viewer into a wider scope of the wasteland in post-apocalyptic Australia. From the astounding wide shots of the wasteland to the gas-fueled motorcycles, Furiosa lives up to all the hype. 

Star-studded performances from Anya Taylor-Joy and Chris Hemsworth not only elevated the film but made the characters of Dementus and Furiosa much more relatable throughout the second and third acts of the movie. 

Another bright spot of “ Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga” was the insane car chases and action throughout the entire film, which gave the audience a better understanding of what life could be like in a post-democratic wasteland. 

George Miller, director and producer of “Furiosa and Mad Max: Fury Road” gave all of the wasteland fans a treat through his hard work and dedication to the Mad Max universe.

Before Miller was a filmmaker and director, he was a medical doctor at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney, Australia. Having been a previous medical professional, this helped Miller connect with all actors and writers on a more personal level, having seen pain and death every single day. 

I don’t think I’d still be making films if I didn’t have that part of myself,” said Miller via APNews.

Miller truly put his heart and soul into Furiosa, and it clearly shows throughout its 2 hours and 28 minutes. Although Furiosa is currently underperforming at the box office, it is a must-see blockbuster action film that will rock the minds of many fans throughout the summer.