The Voice of Fuquay-Varina High School

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

What’s the best shoe brand?

Ella Wachtel
There are many shoe brands that are liked and disliked for different reasons. A majority of students from Fuquay Varina High School said their favorite shoe brand was Nike.

Shoes are the foundation of our lives. Many people have different styles and opinions when it comes to the shoes they choose to wear. Some of the biggest shoe brands out there are Nike, Adidas, and New Balance. 

As of 2023 some of the most popular shoe brands  were Crocs and Michael Jordan’s shoe company “Air Jordan.”  After asking many people what shoes they thought were best, lots of people had very different opinions. 

There are tons of different shoe brands, and each year, shoes have gotten more and more expensive. Paying over $300 for a pair of shoes is absolutely insane. Especially if you are going to wear them outside and use them daily.

After asking many students what shoe brand they preferred most, they said Nike. Nike was founded in 1964 according to Nike.com and they have been the highest producing shoe brand. Nike has also come out with hundreds of different styles of their shoes.

Crocs were also very popular in the past year and are quickly making a comeback. Most people said that this shoe was most comfortable but somewhat expensive. One pair of normal Crocs is about $50, but for the quality of the shoe, it should be around $15.

After Nike and Crocs, comes New Balance. New Balance was a really hot shoe brand back in the 2010s, and then had a slow decline. But with their new style of shoes, more and more people have started to like them. 

New Balances are perfect for every occasion. They have shoes that match a casual outfit or are perfect for running. This was the third–voted best shoe brand by students at Fuquay Varina High School. 

That being said, everyone has a preferred style of shoe. Shoes can make us feel better about ourselves and show off our personality, although Nike is most used and loved by everyone.