Seniors play last basketball games

The FVHS basketball season is coming to an end and most players are looking forward to next season. But for some, this is their final destination in FVHS sports.

Senior night for the Bengals was held on Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2024, where the seniors had their last home game of the season.

The womens basketball team ended their season with six seniors graduating and with a win in their game 40-25 against Garner.

“Senior night was a lot of fun, and we had a lot of fun after the game. During the game, it was really intense, but we pulled off the win,” said senior guard/forward Addison Smith.

The mens basketball team also ended their season with six seniors graduating. Although the Bengals put up a tough fight, they lost the game 78-53 against Garner.

Senior guard Dylan Finch said FVHS basketball impacted him in “a lot of ways” and mostly that, “It taught me to take advantage of the time I have; it went by really fast.”

At the game, there were life size cut-outs of the seniors, and they received little goodie bags for their last home game. Not only have these seniors impacted their teams, but the sport has had  an influence on the players as well.

“It brought me closer to a lot of my friends and gave me a leadership role I never thought I would have. It showed me a sport I didn’t obviously love in the beginning, but I learned to love it. I also overcame a lot of battles,” said Smith.

Finch stated that his favorite part of FVHS mens basketball was, “getting ready for games and warmups.”

The Bengals persevered through this season and had a great time while doing so. The womens basketball team ended the season with an overall record of 7-16, and the mens basketball team ended with 5-15 overall.