Olivia Rodrigo GUTS Tour Opens in California

Erin Fahringer
Olivia Rodrigo Guts Tour will come to Charlotte, NC, on Friday, March 8.

Olivia Rodrigo kicked off her new ‘GUTS’ world tour on Feb. 23 in Palm Springs, California. Her fans showed up in their best outfits and platform shoes, ready to dance and scream to their favorite songs such as “good 4 u,” “love is embarrassing,” and prepared to cry during songs such as “logical,” and “teenage dream.”

Rodrigo started her world tour in North America, Rodrigo shocked many fans with her 22-song setlist. Which started with upbeat with songs like “ballad of a homeschooled girl” and “bad idea right?”

Screaming and dancing aren’t the only things her fans do though. Rodrigo incorporated a segment called “Spill Your Guts!” The segment includes fans creating posters where she then calls on someone from the audience to spill their guts at every show on the tour. Their sign will be featured on the jumbotron, a unique way for her to interact with different fans throughout the tour.

“I don’t know if you guys know this, but I just turned 21,” Rodrigo announced proudly before introducing her song “teenage dream.” The song mentions the feeling of whether or not you’ve passed your prime age, a feeling that isn’t new to many young adults.

She finds ways to connect with fans throughout every show, putting all her effort into every vulnerable song. She displays videos of her younger self as her fans sing along to the piano ballad.

“I love the variety of her songs in the setlist and how she has a song for everyone,” freshman Valentina Valverde commented. “She only has two albums, but she played a lot of fan favorites. I’m really happy with it.”

Rodrigo interacts with her fans significantly more on this arena tour. Another way she includes her fans is by performing her hit song “logical.” Being on an arena tour, she has more fans who are farther in nosebleeds seats. People seated in these sections don’t need to worry because Rodrigo sits on a floating crescent moon that hangs from the ceiling around the venue.

“I’m glad she’s more comfortable this tour and is able to come up with things like this for her fans to feel included,” said junior Kailyn Wilding. “No matter what seats you have, Olivia makes every show worth it.”

As Rodrigo embarks on this highly anticipated tour, one thing is for certain. With her captivating stage presence, it is clear that she was born for this popstar lifestyle and her name will remain one of the biggest in the music industry.