‘Madame Web’ isn’t webbing

Stephany Ortiz
Madame Web, a superhero movie that has been recently released, has had some pretty bad reviews. Created on Canva.

With the new film “Madame Web” entering theaters, some might say it is the worst reviewed superhero movie of all time.

John Romita Jr. and Dennis O’Neal wrote the original comics for “Madame Web” in 1980 as an addition to the “Spider-Man” universe.

The plot of the comic was about Cassandra Webb, a New York City paramedic, who starts to show signs of an extraordinary ability. Webb is forced to figure out her past and learn to protect three young women from a mysterious adversary who wants them dead.

Sony is the company responsible for the production of  “Madame Web.” Sony’s reputation definitely took a hit with this movie, lowering peoples ideals for Sony movies. 

“It was the biggest waste of two hours of my entire life,” exclaimed junior Krishna Shaw.

The film scored a 1.6 out of 5 on the social media platform Letterboxd and has a 12 percent on the review site Rotten Tomatoes. The main complaint was the cinematography, as the angle of the shots and the choice of how the scenes were filmed were terribly chosen.

Actresses featured in the film “Madame Web” were Sydney Sweeney, Dakota Johnson, Isabela Merced and Emma Roberts. The actresses gave a middle to low quality performance in the movie. 

The script of “Madame Web” was very underwhelming, as it left the audience with no suspense, no laughter and no explanation. The ending left the audience in no state of emotion, as it was plain and blunt. 

The CGI for “Madame Web” was tremendously noticeable. The CGI being noticeable took away the reality of the scene; it took you out of the moment. 

“The CGI was bad,” explained Shaw.

Overall the movie was a very disappointing film, tarnishing Sony’s reputation as well as the comic books.