Hardest class at FVHS

Ella Wachtel

Due to the number of courses offered here at FVHS, there are plenty of classes that trouble students with their extensive or taxing coursework. 

One of the top choices for the hardest class at FVHS was AP United States Government and Politics. The material ranges from the three branches of government to civil liberties. Many students who have taken the class consider the class challenging due to the rigorous work required to complete class. 

“The material in the class isn’t too complicated, but what increases the difficulty is the pace and amount of work received in a day,” commented junior Chiara Mena. 

Another choice for the hardest class at FVHS was Honors Math 3. The class is considered difficult due to this class being a taste of what future math classes hold. This sudden change causes students to fall behind and struggle with their comprehension of the material. 

Sophomore Violetta Stratis stated, “I’ve heard from peers that the class isn’t all that fun; however, I do intend to challenge myself and hopefully do well in that class.”

An additional challenging course offered here at FVHS is AP U.S. History. APUSH is considered one of the most prestigious, and challenging courses offered at any high school due to the involvement of abundant reading, writing, and critical thinking. 

After a close race, the winner of the hardest class has been decided. 

The winner of the hardest course voted by the students of FVHS was AP Calculus. This course covers many different topics like integration, functions, differentiation, and limits. Only 20 percent of high schoolers take a calculus course. The upside of taking this rigorous course is when applying to colleges, admissions officers do look for the enrollment in this course. 

“I didn’t take the course because I feel like I am not capable of doing it. I’ve heard from classmates that it’s a lot of work and I don’t want to do that much,” said senior Raegan Jordan. 

There are many benefits to taking AP courses. For example, students challenge themselves to be their best selves, engage their minds, and can even save money in college in the long run.