Gyms you should try in Fuquay

Fuquay-Varina offers many opportunities for people of all ages to get exercise locally.
Erin Fahringer

Before summer starts, everyone wants to get in shape to have their summer bodies. Staying fit will benefit your health physically and mentally. If you want to start and don’t know where, then reading this article can help you.

First, Planet Fitness is a very popular gym that the majority of the students here go to. They are open 24/7 and have plenty of available memberships with different options. Prices start at $10 a month, with a year-long commitment, but you’re only allowed to go to the one you’re registered to.

Planet Fitness also has a $15 a month membership with no commitment, but you still have to go to your home gym you’re registered to. 

If you want access to every Planet Fitness in the world, you will need the Black Card that is $25 a month and allows you to bring a guest for free. This Black Card gives you free in club training, massages, tanning, rewards and discounts.

To see if you like this gym, you can go to Planet Fitness and try it out free for one day. If you’re not an adult, you will need your parents to sign a waiver. Speaking of free, Planet Fitness has a free summer-only opportunity for high school students ages 14 to 19 to go to their gym for free, starting June 1.

Next, Golds Gym is also open 24/7 but only for people who have the 24 hour memberships. Their prices are more expensive, but a seven day trial is available. They have a one year and two year membership that has a lot of add ons that can up your price a lot. 

If you are not sure about the prices, you can check the Gold’s Gym website to get an exact price. This gym has cardio equipment, personal training, resistance machines, group exercising, a pro shop, a kids club, a boxing area, group cycling, and available locker rooms.

If you are a girl and want a private setting to workout in, Golds Gym has an only women workout area that is equipped just for you to focus. 

Lastly, Bull And Bear gym is only open until 12 a.m. and has no programs that require long term commitment. For this gym, you pay $65 a month or full price at $600 for 13 months. They offer a lot of martial art classes too, from adults to kids, and have a better rating from the other two gyms.

¨Enjoyed the last four years working out typically four days a week at Bull and Bear. Compared to a dozen gyms I have worked out in, Bull & Bear is top class in equipment, people, friendships made, comradery, ease of working on equipment without waiting, new renovations, clean and military mantra. Overall a top notch gym if you want a no frills workout and focus approach to training,¨ said Gary Stevens, in a Google review comment.

So, if you want to start good habits for the summer, then I recommend trying out these gyms and find where you most enjoy your time working out. You will be more likely to go and develop life-long habits if you enjoy yourself.