Got To Be NC Festival being held May 17-19

Ella Wachtel
The Got To Be NC Festival allows families to learn about the agriculture around them.

North Carolina’s annual Got To Be NC Festival will be held from May 17-19, at the NC Fairgrounds to celebrate North Carolina agriculture, a huge part of North Carolina’s economy.

The Got To Be NC Festival is held every year with several activities for families and people of all ages to learn about our state’s agriculture. There are activities for kids such as Action Alley, which is an educational area that allows them to explore numerous construction and emergency vehicles. But, there are also educational areas for other ages such as the Egg to Chick Egg Candling that allows people to observe the development and growth of an embryo in an egg.

Each event is hosted at a different time on each of the days to allow time for each person to experience it to the fullest, along with any other event they want to see.

“I’ve never been but it seems like a nice way to get to know the state and our farms better in a fun way for everybody,” said sophomore Ada Hillstrand.

Along with fun activities, the festival also provides a large number of North Carolina food trucks and companies to get a taste of the agriculture you’re learning about. There will be over 45 different food stands that range from barbeque, to nuts and to hibiscus teas. The wide range of food choices allows for each person to find something that they love.

Even with all of these different things to do with the family, there is even more. The fairgrounds will also have campgrounds that allow for the adventure to continue even after the day for only $35 a night. The campsite has 350 spaces to allow for the maximum number of people to enjoy the scenery and nature of North Carolina along with agriculture.

“There is just so much to do that I’m sure anyone could find at least one thing they enjoy at the festival,” said sophomore Kensley Harrison.

The festival will be a great way to learn about the state we call home and the agriculture within it. It will be exciting to see what the festival holds this year along with the years to come.

View Comments (1)