The Voice of Fuquay-Varina High School

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

Caitlin Clark selling more jerseys than Cowboys sold entire season

Erin Fahringer
Caitlin Clark is currently selling more jerseys than the professional football team, Dallas Cowboys combined.

With all of the hype around Caitlin Clark, she has surprised thousands of fans and players after her recent record-breaking jersey sales. 

Only one hour after Clark was selected number one overall by the Indiana Fever in the 2024 WNBA draft, all of her jerseys were sold out on the Fanatics website.

“Clark sold more jerseys than the Dallas Cowboys team last season and any athlete in Fanatics history,” said Dick Weiss via X

If this statement is true, Caitlin Clark has joined some pristine company, such as Tom Brady, Kobe Bryant, Mookie Betts, and Marc-Andre Fleury. 

For one athlete, especially in women’s college basketball, to have such an impact on a sport to outsell an entire sports team, shows that she is going to bring the WNBA to new heights this year. 

Clark’s popularity comes from having one of the most accomplished college basketball careers ever. Clark attended Iowa University for four years, was a two-time WCBB POY, and is now the all-time leading scorer in college basketball history. 

Clark’s influence extends far beyond her impressive three-point ranges. She has become a global icon for her skills and for elevating women’s basketball to a new level of recognition and respect. 

Clark’s impact on women’s college basketball is not limited to the court. Her games have drawn in the highest TV ratings for the sport since the 1999 season, with an average of 3.9 million viewers per game, a testament to her widespread appeal. 

Clark is going to change the WNBA’s landscape and will be the person who opens the door for many incoming athletes to have the platform and respect that has been lacking in the WNBA for many years. 

It will be amazing to see how professional basketball is shaped because of the impact Caitlin Clark has already had before she even plays her first professional game.