Who is better, Michael Jackson or Usher?

Stephany Ortiz
Who’s better, Micheal Jackson or Usher? Created on Canva.

Michael Jackson and Usher are widely known for their 2000s music. Jackson was the “King of Pop,” making him one of the most famous artists in the world, but among the 2000s American pop culture, Usher is popular.

Jackson was a singer at an early age with his brothers called “The Jackson 5,” which started his career. Many favored his pop, soul, and rock music.

“Michael was known more because he started pop. Michael’s slow songs and heavy pop songs are better,” senior Isaac Ly said.

Ly argued that Usher was the closest thing to Jackson and that he dances like Jackson, but better. 

“Usher also adapted better. Michael’s new songs were not as good,” said Ly. He believes Usher is an all-rounder. He is able to dance with fluidity, rap, and sing.  

Jackson at his “Dangerous Tour,” reached over 3.6 million fans to watch him perform live, where he was honored with the Cable Ace Award. At a time when technology was limited, being able to gather many fans was only in the hands of talented artists. He was recognized in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the person who donated the most money for humanitarian efforts, which is estimated at $400 million.

Usher’s accomplishments are eight Grammy Awards, 12 Soul Train Music Awards, eight American Music Awards, as well as three Guinness World Records. He was recognized for placing the most number one hits in the US singles chart in a year. 

Although Usher is still young and has a growing fan base, Jackson was a great performer, producer, and composer, who will be remembered and respected for many years to come.

View Comments (1)