The Voice of Fuquay-Varina High School

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

Indoor Track Season Comes to Close at GNRC Conference Championship

The FVHS indoor track season ended after a solid finish in the Greater Neuse River Conference 4A championships at the Southeast Raleigh High School track in Raleigh, NC. 

FVHS finished the season with multiple top-five finishes at the GNRC conference championship and had over 30 athletes compete on Feb. 1, 2023. 

Although the Bengals did not qualify for the 4A NCHSAA state championships, they placed in the top five in the girls 1600-meter run.

“It was a very fun and exciting season. I learned a lot from the upperclassmen and will be ready for next season and will continue to work hard and stay in shape through the off-season,” said sophomore Claire Pulling. 

Pulling participated in the 1600-meter run and placed fourth out of 15 tough competitors. With Pulling only being a sophomore, she has a ton of time to grow as an athlete and become the best runner she can possibly be. 

Even though the season ended in heart-breaking fashion, another underclassman had valuable experiences and mentorship and is ready to work hard and prepare for next fall’s outdoor track season.

Sophomore runner Nylah Robinson-Partridge has gained significant experience after getting her seasonal best in the 55m dash at the GNRC championships. 

“This season was very fun and was a fantastic learning experience. I am ready to put in more work to be at my best next track season,” said Robinson-Partridge.

Robinson-Partridge is one of the most talented young runners on the FVHS indoor track team, and she has the potential to be one of the best 55 and 100m runners at FVHS in the coming years. 

Although the indoor track season has ended, we can expect a turnaround season for FVHS with more experienced runners who are committed to making our school the best track team in the Greater Neuse River Conference.