Target plans to build store in Fuquay-Varina

Josh Loughren
Contactor layout shows the plan for an upcoming building in Fuquay Varina that will include a new target location

Target has a plan to start construction on a new location in 2025 and hopes to end construction sometime in 2026. 

The new store will be part of a new shopping center called Gold Leaf Crossing Shopping Center, and it will be at 2901 Wallace Adcock Blvd.

Freshman Gavin Mondragon said, “I feel that is a very shocking amount of time to finish a store – I think certain things are going to be overlooked or just straight up ignored to get it done on time.”

Traffic can be expected to pick up in the area where the Target is built. This traffic will most likely negatively affect the people who drive around this area.

Freshman Cargo Stanton said, “It’ll probably be good. I don’t know about their hiring, but it could open more job opportunities for high schoolers.

This new Target will give a lot of people new jobs. People who live in Fuquay and who live close to this area will want the jobs. One store employs approximately 150-200 employees.

Junior Eli Mitchell said, “It’s a good thing due to the fact that Fuquay is a quick growing area, so people would need more jobs.”