The Voice of Fuquay-Varina High School

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

Roaring Bengals

FVHS Arts Winter Concerts

The FVHS Performing Art classes have been preparing for the arts concerts that are quickly approaching. This includes performances from FVHS’s bands, dancers and choirs.

The nearest performance to date is FVHS’s Dance Concert. The dance classes have been practicing for the concert for a long time and will be performing on Thursday, December 7.

“I feel a mixture of nerves and excitement; I can’t wait to perform. We have practiced since last August, and we have four days left to practice,” said senior Justice Kelley.

The school’s performing arts students may be nervous and anxious for their concerts but doing something they love and enjoy doing will overshadow that.

“I feel like dance is art; it helps me express myself without words. I’m really excited to perform ‘Boss.’  I feel like the audience will love it,” said Kelley.

While the dance concert is close by, the Winter Choral concert is on Thursday, December 14, and the Winter Band concert is on Tuesday, December 19. 

“I think the concert is going to go really well. Right now we’re making a lot of good progress, and we are sounding really great. We’re working together to put it together when the time comes. I’m in the Symphonic band and I play the euphonium, “ said junior Dylan Joseph. 

FVHS’s band has invested a lot of time to put their concert together to make it an enjoyable experience for their audience.

“Band was challenging yet fun. I have a lot of respect for my teacher because he actually and genuinely cares about the band. Band has taught me discipline and to keep consistent with the other band members. The pieces we’re playing are surprisingly easy but they are hard at the sametime because there’s a lot going on so we are trying to refine it,” said Joseph.

FVHS Dance, Choral, and Band concerts will be taking place in the school’s auditorium. If you’re interested in seeing any of these concerts, tickets for admission will be sold at the door near the auditorium. Dance concert tickets are $5 while children under 5 are free..