NC State Fair ends soon

Different Items included at the NC State Fair.

The NC State Fair lasts 11 days, from Thursday, Oct. 12 to Sunday, Oct 22. Throughout the days at the last NC State Fair, over 800,000 people attended the beloved event. Every year, fair executives revamp the food and add more interesting rides. This year they’ve made the fair greater than ever. 

Vendors have added many new foods to stuff your belly at the fair. 

To start, the first delicacy on the list is a Dill Pickle Donut from Fluffy’s Hand-Cut Donuts. This creation is for the pickle lovers out there. The donut is made with pickle juice and then topped off with slices of pickle on top. 

Sophomore Brooklyn Gonerway stated, “I haven’t tried the dill pickle donut yet, but it sounds very interesting with the mix of sweet and sour.”

The second item from the list is The Slop Bucket from Lawrence and Perry BBQ. A bucket is filled to the brim with different southern delights like mac and cheese, coleslaw, and pulled pork.

The third item on the list is a Chicharron on a Stick from Las Gringas food truck. A Central and Southern American dish, chicharron is a deep-fried pork belly, which is skewered on a stick. 

The fourth item on the list is Brisket and Waffles on a Stick from Fat Boys BBQ. Smoked Brisket is placed on a stick with sweet waffles. 

And finally, the fifth item on the list is the Crazy Italian Savory Funnel cake from Iron Kitchen Holdings. Different Italian toppings like sausage, peppers, and onions are topped onto a funnel cake. 

Sophomore Violetta Stratis stated, “I’m excited to try out different foods offered at the NC State Fair. I went last year, and honestly, it was a blast.”

The fair has also added four new attractions for attendees to enjoy during their time at the fair. Of the new attractions, two are roller coasters. 

Techno is the first new roller coaster added to the fleet of attractions at the NC State Fair. This roller coaster makes you feel like you are soaring through the clouds.

The second roller coaster is called Tesla AC. This attraction takes you on a voyage through the Tesla factory. 

Although the other two rides aren’t roller coasters, they’re just as great. The third attraction on the list is Wipeout. This ride takes the rider and a partner in a car and simulates the feeling of rocking through big and angry ocean waves. 

The fourth and final attraction is the Venetian Carousel. The carousel is two-tiered and will flood you with nostalgic memories from your childhood. 

Sophomore Brooklyn Gonerway stated, “The NC State Fair was fun and I had many experiences, from rides to food, that were really entertaining. I think it’s a great place for all ages. You can go with your family or friends.”

If you’re going to the NC State Fair, make sure that you at least visit each of the attractions and taste some of the new food to have the whole NC State Fair experience.