Spring break should not be longer than one week

Ella Wachtel
Students enjoy time off from school during their spring break. Although it’s nice to get a break, is one week enough time off?

Fuquay Varina High School’s spring break is a week long. Seven days is just the right amount of time to take a short trip to the beach or another state. Many other students claim that a week is too short for a break. 

“Spring break should certainly be longer. It should be longer because we do not get as many breaks during the second semester,” said junior Gabby Franks.

The spring season lasts for a couple of months. The beginning of spring can be as cold as winter, but toward the end of spring, it becomes too hot. The week-long break lets us enjoy the perfect weather.

School can be a major stressor for many students, taking a toll on their mental health. For them to fully recover, a week might not be enough time for them. This is one of the reasons why other students believe the break should be longer.

“Having a longer break away from school makes me reduce my stress, but I think the number of days for spring break is just right,” said junior Lidia Molina.

Molina agrees that a longer spring break will help relax students, but spring break is supposed to be a short break before summer.

Molina claimed, “In a couple of months there is going to be a summer break, so short breaks like spring break can help you relax and prepare for the rest of the school year. I also think some students have routines they like, so having a longer break might disturb that.”

As the break becomes longer, it is more likely that students will forget the lessons from before the break, which can cause them to put in less effort after returning from break. This is one reason why students believe that spring break should not be any longer.

For students to keep up with their school work, the length of the spring break should stay the same. Summer break is just around the corner. Students should enjoy their week-long spring break and push through the last quarter.