Upcoming spring band news and updates

The FVHS band continues in its award winning tradition, with several students earning honors.
Erin Fahringer

This month is going to be a busy month for the band as several events are coming up. 

On Thursday, March 14, the band will perform a spring concert. According to sophomore band member Iasonas Stratis who will be attending the concert, it will be a performance where all the band members “enjoy the music” and it will be “a good time.”

The FVHS band has accomplished a lot so far this year, juniors Alexis Lacell and Caleb Street earned Symphonic Band Honors. Wind Ensemble Honors was earned by sophomore Adithi Balaji and junior Kenzie Leighton. 

Competition for this honor increased this year according to Balaji. 

Balaji said that it was an “audition at Willow Springs High School” with around “80-90” people, and she was “proud” that she had earned tenth place in her competition because of the fact that the “level of competition increased.” 

Freshman Christian Gonzalez earned first chair flute in the UNC-Greensboro concert. In order to earn this honor, he had to “submit a video” in a “competition of videos” in order to participate in the concert. After winning first place he said that it was a “relief” after he had “worked hard.”

You can listen to the talented performance of our FVHS band students on March 14 at 7 p.m. The concert is free and open to the public.