Fuquay Varina High School chamber choir, prepares for their choral festival on Feb. 29, 2024.
Ella Wachtel

Upcoming choral festival lifts spirits around FVHS

The Choral Festival on Thursday night, Feb. 29, 2024 will allow a variety of schools to present their singing performances and vocal arts.

This is a free concert-like event involving Fuquay-Varina High School, Fuquay-Varina Middle School and Willow Springs High School.

Senior Dominic Sicola, a member of the FVHS chorus said that he is “excited to sing again” and is looking forward to the “adrenaline that riles up.” Performing with other schools lends itself to a competitive atmosphere. 

Sicola talked about “showing up Willow Springs” in reference to rivalry with Willow Springs High School. 

Because February is Black History Month, the chorus has prepared music with an appropriate genre. 

Sicola said “African American Spiritual”is the kind of music to expect from the festival with upbeat vibes and cultural significance.

If you would like to attend the concert, admission is free and first come, first served.