FVHS drama department presents ‘The Sound Of Music’

Cast and Crew’s first meeting together, prepping for the Sound of Music.
Paige MacGovern

After the successful completion of “Sherlock Holmes,” the FVHS drama program will be performing “The Sound of Music” as their next production. Auditions for tech, music, and dance were held from December 15-19. A total of 101 cast and crew members will be a part of bringing this production together. 

Paige MacGovern, Tyler Cole, and Deborah Gray are the main advisors for the musical. MacGovern is head director, Cole is head of choir, and Gray is head of dance.  

“The auditions were fun, the people there made it very enjoyable,” said junior Makayla Fielder, who is a part of the dance ensemble. 

Some of the leading roles include Katelyn Aaron as Maria Rainer, Dominic Sicola as Captain Georg Von Trap, and Sienna Alvarado as Liesl. 

The story is based on the Von Trapp Family, a group of 12 members who gained popularity after performing in Austria during the interwar period between the end of World War I and the beginning of World War II. 

In the show, we learn about Maria’s experience of being the guardian of seven children. She teaches the children how to sing and eventually marries their father. 

The show premiered on Broadway in 1959 and ran until 1962, which included 1,443 shows. The movie adaptation was made in 1965 and was a very big hit. It made around $286.2 million and was number one in the box office for 30 weeks straight.  

The students are very excited to put on this musical. Opening night is April 18, 2024, and will run until April 20. The shows will be at 7 p.m., as well as an additional show on April 20 at 1 p.m.

“I’m most excited to watch the show come together and see the actors and crew make new memories before the seniors leave,” said Fielder.