Student Council hosts Winter Wonderland, sells candy grams

The student council has a table set up for both lunches, selling candy canes that will get passed on to their friends.
Ella Wachtel

Winter Wonderland is an event presented by the FVHS Student Council juniors that will be held in the Media Center during both lunches on Friday, Dec. 15. It will have Christmas trivia games, holiday music, a hot chocolate bar and many arts and crafts projects like making cards, ornaments and little Christmas trees. The event will be completely free and open to FVHS students and staff that want to participate. 

Winter Wonderland will be decorated with all kinds of Christmas and holiday decorations and will be centralized near the entrance around the cafe and meeting tables in the corner.

Junior Mazion Warren is one of the people responsible for planning Winter Wonderland. Planning took place over a few Student Council meetings and took a lot of hard work to get the event organized properly and make it free for those interested. 

“We don’t really do assemblies or basically any in-school events that everyone can enjoy, so I thought it’d be really fun,” Warren said.

Candy cane grams are going to be sold Tuesday, Dec. 12 through Thursday, Dec. 14 during both A and B lunch near student services for $1 each. Candy cane grams are candy canes that can be sent to any FVHS student alongside a note, similar to Valentine’s gifts. Candy cane grams will be delivered by Benny the Bengal to students during second period on Friday, Dec. 15. You can pay with cash and card and all money made will go to Student Council to help fund other events in the future.