Marching Bengals take home another win

The Marching Bengals performed at the football game against the Corinth Holders on Oct. 6th.
E

Fuquay-Varina High School’s marching band, the Marching Bengals, took home an amazing 1st place win at their last band competition at Middle Creek High School, as well as receiving the title of Reserve Grand Champion. 

This win is the best one they’ve gotten so far in the season. 

“This competition went really well. It was definitely a lot better than the last one. Everyone was very focused on this one so that definitely helped a lot,” junior Kenzie Leighton said. 

The band has improved much since their last competition, which shows their hard work and determination. 

“I think our hard work has paid off in this competition, but there is still so much more to learn,” Leighton said. 

The band worked endlessly to make sure that this performance was as perfect as they could get it. 

“We know what we are able to do now, and what we can accomplish,” Leighton said.

Getting first place in the competition put a certain relief and sense of accomplishment upon the band members. This gave them a new perspective on their upcoming performances. 

“We need to get through the fact that ‘we got first place last time’ because that does not help our future competitions. It’s about what we can do in the next competition that matters,” said Leighton.