FVHS wins boost multiple teams’ records last week

Junior Connor Everett takes a shot on the Cleveland goal during the varsity lacrosse game.
Bonnie Halle

Last week, we had quite a few Bengal wins. FVHS won in varsity mens lacrosse, two wins in varsity womens lacrosse, varsity mens baseball, and lastly in varsity womens softball.

On Wednesday, Feb. 28, the varsity mens lacrosse team won their game against Hunt High School by a score of 12-3.

“It was a good game. We had good offense but we have to work on some stuff with the defense,” said junior attackman, Connor Castle.

As of now, the Bengals have a record of 2-1 in men’s lacrosse.

The varsity womens lacrosse team also won two games last week. The first game was against Athens Drive High School on Tuesday, Feb. 27. They pulled off the win with a score of 17-11. On Thursday, Feb 29, they won their second game against Enloe High School with a score of 16-5.

“My favorite highlight for both games was how we run to our goalie after the game and congratulate the whole team for our wins,” said sophomore attack, Jayda Maughn.  

So far, the womens lacrosse team has a record of 4-0 and is undefeated.

The varsity mens baseball team won their game on Wednesday, Feb. 28, against Green Level High School with a score of 11-6.

“It was the first win of the season. It was a win early in the season, so there were a lot of mistakes that we got away with that hopefully we will clean up by the end of the year,” said varsity baseball coach Andrew McClannon. 

The baseball team’s overall record is 1-2.

The FVHS varsity softball team also dominated Green Level High School on Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2024, with a score 16-4.

“The game was amazing. It was a great win and the energy of the dugout was amazing. My favorite highlight of the game was definitely us having a good time throughout the game,” said sophomore outfielder Nyla Robinson-Partridge.

Softball has a record of 2-1.

Last week was a great week for Fuquay with many wins. As the season progresses, we hope to see the Bengals continue with their excellent performances.