Special Olympics to be held at FVHS

On May 3, 2024, Fuquay Varina High School will be hosting the Special Olympics for students attending FVHS and FVMS.
Kendra Yearick

Fuquay-Varina High School is set to host the Special Olympics for the students at FVHS and FVMS. This event aims to be a fun and engaging event for the students to have fun and play sports with their friends.

Scheduled to take place in the FVHS football field during second and third period on May 3, the Special Olympics will kickoff with a local police officer carrying the Olympic torch for the students demonstrating the start of the Special Olympics.

The FVHS Special Olympics will feature a variety of exciting events for the participants to play and enjoy. 

Among the highlights are the softball throw, the 100-meter dash and the soccer kick, each offering a chance for the students to try their best and enjoy the games.

Alongside the events, the students will be playing games and enjoying their time eating snacks to spread the events apart and keep them entertained and having fun along the way.

After each event, winners will be awarded a prestigious blue ribbon as a symbol of their excellence and dedication. These ribbons celebrate the winners and their accomplishments despite the challenges they are faced with.

The Special Olympics will also be inviting students at FVMS to participate alongside those at FVHS.

This will be one of the highlights of the event with students excited to see their friends from other schools.

“I’m excited to see the mascot and friends from other schools,” said senior Richard Freeman, who will be participating in the events.

The students participating are very excited to play the games and events upcoming at the Special Olympics.

“I’m excited for the softball throw… I’m gonna throw it really far,” said junior Allan Boos.

Come out to support your fellow students in their events at the Special Olympics on May 3 during second and third period.