Students debate the best dessert place in Fuquay-Varina

Pints ice cream shop in downtown Varina offers a wide variety of homemade ice cream options.
Erin Fahringer

Many people like to get dessert after a long day or as a reward, but yet again debates are sparking about where the best place to go is.

Most people typically eat dessert at home or skip it after a meal at a restaurant, which allows for places that exclusively serve sweets to be unique and tempting.

One place that is popular with students is Sunni Sky’s Homemade Ice Cream. They have a wide variety of flavors as well as very cheap prices, perfect for a quick ice cream stop. 

“Sunni Sky’s is my favorite place to get dessert.  It’s a fun place to hang out with lots of cool places to sit,” said senior Pamela Schneider.

Another place students love is Stick Boy Bread Company.

“After a long day and I’m looking to treat myself, I go to Stick Boy and know I’ll be getting a great dessert,” said senior Noah Bashaw.

A usual concern when going out to eat is pricing, but the dessert places in Fuquay typically are pretty cheap. 

“Sunni Sky’s isn’t too much, only around $3-8, and a double scoop is only $4.50,” said Schneider. Bashaw agreed, saying “It usually costs about $5 or $6, and I tend to go with other people when I’m there.”

Naturally, everyone has a favorite dish at restaurants they like. 

“I usually get the Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake at Stick Boy, but their Oreo shake is really good too,”  said Bashaw.

These places can also be good for after-school activities.

“When I go to Sunni Sky’s it’s usually on a night after we do shows, so it’s a fun way to hype up the performance,” said Schnieder.

The design of Fuquay also allows for some places to be near students’ houses. 

“We live about three minutes away from Stick Boy, which is great,” said Bashaw.

Dessert places are a good way to get a quick and easy treat for any occasion. Fuquay offers a lot of various restaurants, cafes, and eateries for students’ enjoyment, but the place students appear to favor is Sunni Sky’s.