Students debate best restaurant in Fuquay Varina

The Mason Jar restaurant in Fuquay-Varina is one of the students contenders for top place to eat.
The Mason Jar restaurant in Fuquay-Varina is one of the student’s contenders for top place to eat.
Joshua Loughren

Many people have debated over what is the best place to eat in Fuquay-Varina. Some prefer fast food, while others prefer restaurants to sit down and eat in.

“My favorite place to eat in Fuquay is Mason Jar. I like them because they have the best fries and ranch,” said sophomore Gibson Pardue-Schultz. Mason Jar is also close to the school which could be convenient for students. 

“I like to go to Zeera. I don’t get to go often because my family doesn’t like it, so it’s usually a nice treat,” said junior Alyx Tidwell. Some students like quick simple meals, so places like this are a good option.

One concern is how expensive some places can be. 

“Mason Jar typically costs about $40 when I go,” said Pardue-Schultz.

Other students prefer places closer to their houses. 

“I like going to Cookout because I can get a lot for cheap, and I don’t have to drive far,” said freshman Eli Crosby. 

Tidwell agrees, saying, “I live about ten minutes away from Zeera, so it’s pretty easy to go.”

Another concern is what kind of food students like more. 

“I like Cookout because it seems more authentic. Normal fast food just doesn’t seem real,” said Crosby. 

One option for a meal near the school is the multiple Aviator restaurants on Broad Street. They sell typical American food, but prices may be a little expensive for some.

A cheaper option could be Sheetz. Even though it’s a gas station, students hold its food in high regard. 

“Sheetz has good fries and breakfast sandwiches. It’s a good place to go if you want quick, cheap, good quality food,” said Crosby.

Regardless of preference, Fuquay-Varina has many high-caliber places to eat, and students are lucky to have so many great options nearby.