FVHS Baseball team on their way to great playoff season

Fuquay-Varina High School varsity baseball team plays against South Garner High School on April 2.
Erin Fahringer

The Fuquay Varina High School Bengals baseball team is making waves in the conference standings. With a current record of 4-2 in conference and 6-5 total, they’re holding onto the fourth spot, showcasing their resilience and determination on the diamond. 

The team is on a four game winning streak after beating South Garner April 2.

The Bengals have had some impressive wins this season, such as their 13-0 win against South Garner, their 11-6 win against Green Level High School and their 7-3 win against Heritage High School.

The Bengals continue to grow together throughout the season and can be expected to make a deep playoff run based on their performance.

“The season has had its ups and downs. We’ve grown a lot as a team. We’ve learned slowly but surely how to put it together and we still are,” says junior Jackson Bubeck.

FVHS continues their season with confidence in their performance and their ability to make a good playoff run. 

“Look forward to a deep playoff run. I think we can click and get ready for the playoffs and make a run,” says junior James Sinnott.

The team is currently ranked 118th in the state and 21st in the NC East 4A division, via  MaxPreps. The Bengals will continue to rise in the rankings as long as the team continues to play well.

Preseason expectations were high for the players on the team as they expected a good playoff run. These expectations continue to be held by players and coaches alike as the season continues.

You can see the FVHS Bengals playing on Friday, April 9, 2024, at home against Southeast Raleigh.