NC beaches to attend during your spring break

Sunrise at Topsail Beach in North Carolina
Joshua Loughren

North Carolina has great vacation options for spring break when it comes to beaches. Everyone on break wants a nice place where they can relax and enjoy their time off. Here are suggestions and students’ opinions to help you decide which beach you would like to visit.

First, Wrightsville Beach, NC, is two hours away from FVHS and is known for its blue waters, titling it one of the most beautiful, clean beaches in NC. It´s dog-friendly and has moderate current waves for water sports. There are multiple restaurants and resorts to try in this area. 

¨At Wrightsville, they have lots of good local restaurants that have good food and are not expensive,¨ said sophomore Anna Lord.

Next, Holden Beach, NC, is two and a half hours away from FVHS and is a calm and quiet beach that is not commercialized. It’s never crowded and has tons of space on this wide beach. With a population of 997 and known as the best place to live in NC, it’s worth it to try out this peaceful beach.

¨My favorite beach is Holden Beach because of the pretty scenery and calm waters,¨ said sophomore Shaley Sill.

Up next, Carolina Beach, NC, is two hours and 19 minutes away from FVHS. Carolina Beach is the most popular beach people go to because of the nearby shops and its carnival rides on their boardwalk. Having activities close to the beach can be a good way to entertain yourself.

¨It’s a pretty place I go to that has a boardwalk, and they have good doughnuts at Britts,¨ said sophomore Hannah Tarpley.

Finally, Outer Banks, NC, is three hours and 30 minutes away from FVHS. Many people know this beach from the show “OBX,” making it more known. If you visit, you can see wildlife, such as wild horses, on the beach, but you have to keep your distance from them.

Overall, OBX has very clear waters and low wind, making it a very gentle place. The best time to visit this beach is between March and May. This makes it perfect for you to go see the beach and horses during your spring break.

There are other great beaches at the NC coast. To find out more information about these specific beaches, research them and try them out on your next trip.