FVHS women’s lacrosse ranked 22nd in the state

Sophomore Sydney Remmer takes a shot on the goal versus Sanderson High School.
Parker Tarpley

Fuquay Varina High School’s womens lacrosse team is making waves in the North Carolina sports scene as they climbed the ranks to secure the 22nd spot in the state last week. With a combination of skill and determination, the FVHS womens lacrosse team is proving themselves to be a formidable opponent for schools like the Enloe Eagles with a final score of 14-2.

With a 4-0 record and only being a week into the season, the FVHS womens lacrosse team continues to dominate the competition.

Their best game was against Sanderson High School on Tuesday, Mar. 5, with a final score of 21-6. Their closest game was against Green Level High School, when they won with a 12-10 final score.

The womens lacrosse team has garnered some attention from students at FVHS.

“Lacrosse is an underappreciated sport; at our games there’s usually only a few people in the stands besides parents,” said sophomore Gillian Gavette.

All members of the team work well together, each understanding their positions and working effectively as a team. Their chemistry on the field works well as the team continues to sweep opponents.

Up next for the womens lacrosse team, they play Clayton High School, which has yet to play a game. Clayton’s womens lacrosse team is brand new, with their first game ever being against Fuquay this Monday. Based on the team’s rookie status and the FVHS womens performance so far through the season, it is expected that our own Fuquay Bengals will win this upcoming game.

Last year, the womens lacrosse team was able to win their conference at the end of the season, based on their past and current performances, it can be expected that they will have a good performance in the playoffs, possibly making it to their conference final again.

You can see the FVHS womens lacrosse team in action at their next home game on Friday, Mar. 8 at 7 p.m. against Jordan High School.