Bring back online school Wednesdays

Many students want remote learning Wednesdays to come back. Take Oct. 4, 2023.
Ella Wachtel

Students have to go to school for 185 days, which is 1025, hours each and every year. Although this might not seem like a lot, when you are constantly under pressure and stress as most students are, it might seem longer than it is. 

Having an online school day once a week gives kids a day to sleep in and do that day’s class work on their own time. Students can also use this day to catch up on school work they might have missed or even use it as a day to study. 

Sophomore Amina Kaissi said, “I think it’s a fabulous idea. It gives students a mental break, and they can check and see how they are doing in their classes.

You might say, well why don’t we just have it on a Monday or a Tuesday or even a Friday? Wednesday is the middle of the week, which means that students still have two more days of school before the weekend. Having an online day on a Wednesday gives kids something to look forward to on Mondays and it gives them a break so they can relax on Wednesday and be ready to go to school on Thursday and Friday.  

Weekends should be used for students to connect with their friends and families.Having online school on Wednesdays allows kids to study for future tests and work on assignments they would usually do on weekends. 

It is important for schools to understand that students should enjoy their childhood and not have constant school stress. Stress many has negative effects such as causing bags under eyes, nausea, fatigue, and stomach problems. If you want to prevent this, a solution would be to bring back online school Wednesdays.