Most anticipated films for 2024

Most anticipated films for 2024

With 2023 being an accomplished year for films with the likes of “Barbie,” “Oppenheimer,” and “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse” being some of the best, it seems that 2024 is going to be more exciting than ever before. 

To begin with, these films are releasing for the month of January 2024. The top films released in the first month of the year will be “Night Swim,” “Ted (TV Series),” and “Mean Girls.” 

“Night Swim” releases on January 5, 2024, and is rated PG-13. The film is about a woman who takes a dive at night and is then terrorized by an evil spirit.

“Ted (TV Series)” releases January 11, 2024, and is rated TV-MA. The TV series is the prequel to the two previous movies based on Ted and his owner John Bennett in the early 90’s. It is set to release on the streaming network, Peacock.

“Mean Girls” releases on January 12, 2024, and is rated PG-13. The movie is a reboot of the early 2000s film, “Mean Girls.” The movie has a stellar cast with the likes of Tina Fey, Jenna Fischer, and Jon Hamm.

Sophomore Ciara Hassig stated, “The original movie is such a staple in American pop culture that I don’t think the reboot can even measure up to the original, but of course, I’m going to go watch it.”

Next up are the films for February 2024. The most interesting films released in the shortest month of the year will be “Bob Marley: One Love” and “Madame Web.” 

“Bob Marley: One Love” releases February 14, 2024, and is most likely rated R. The movie gives the audience a glimpse into the life of the reggae legend, Bob Marley.

“Madame Web” also releases on February 14, 2024, and is most likely rated PG-13. The movie is a Marvel film about a New York paramedic who has psychological powers and similar powers to Spider-Man. 

Up next are films for March 2024. The most exciting films that will be released for the month of March Madness are “Dune: Part Two,” “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire,” and “Kung Fu Panda 4.” 

“Dune: Part Two” releases March 1, 2024, and is rated PG-13. The film is the sequel to the first movie, “Dune,” and is about the character Paul Atreides seeking revenge on those who murdered his family. 

“Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” releases on March 28, 2024, and is anticipated to be rated PG-13.  The film takes place after the discovery of an ancient artifact which causes the second ice age to start. 

“Kung Fu Panda 4” releases on March 8, 2024, and is expected to be rated PG. The film is the fourth installment of the franchise, where the main character Po is now finding the next Dragon Warrior. 

Sophomore Violetta Stratis stated, “I’m excited about this film especially because I grew up with the original films, but it is sad to see Po look for his successor.”

These films will be released in the following month of April 2024. The most interesting films released for the month of jokes will be “Challengers,” “Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire,” and “Fallout (TV Series).” 

“Challengers” releases on April 26, 2024, and is rated R. The film is about three tennis players who knew each other when they were younger, and now they are all rivals. The trailer indicates that there might be a romantic relationship between them. 

“Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire” releases on April 12, 2024, and is anticipated to be rated PG-13. There isn’t much known about the plot yet; however, the trailer does show Kong and Godzilla working together. 

“Fallout (TV Series)” is set to be released on April 12, 2024, and the age rating is currently unknown. The series is based on the video game franchise, Fallout, and is set in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles. The show is set to release on the streaming platform, Amazon Prime Video. 

The following films will be released in May 2024. The top films set to release in the month of flowers are “The Garfield Movie” and “Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes.” 

“The Garfield Movie” releases May 24, 2024, and will likely be rated G. The film is about the infamous, lasagna-loving cat based on the comics. 

“Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” will be released on May 24, 2024, and might have an age rating of PG-13 or R. The movie is going to be based years after the death of Caesar and display the emerging ape civilizations. 

Next is films releasing in the month of June 2024. The most exciting films for the first month of summer in the year are “Inside Out 2” and “Bad Boys 4.” 

“Inside Out 2” releases June 14, 2024, and is most likely going to be rated PG-13. The film is set a few years after the first one, where Riley is a teenager and unlocks new emotions due to her growing age. 

“Bad Boys 4” releases June 14, 2024, and is most likely going to be rated R. The plot of the film is currently unknown, but what is known is that Will Smith and Martin Lawrence will be returning to reprise their roles. 

Next up are the films for July 2024. The most interesting film during the month of American Independence is “Deadpool 3.”

“Deadpool 3” is set to release on July 26, 2024, and is most likely an R-rated film. Not much is known about the plot, but what is known is that Wolverine will be included in the upcoming Deadpool movie. 

Freshman Iva Ramos stated, “It’s insane that after years of the sequel releasing a third one is finally coming out.”

The subsequent films are projected to be released in the month of August 2024. The top films releasing in the month when school starts again are “Kraven the Hunter” and “Borderlands.” 

“Kraven the Hunter” releases on August 30, 2024, and is most likely going to be rated R. The film is about Sergei Kravinoff, a Russian immigrant who is on a mission to prove that he is the greatest hunter.  

“Borderlands” releases on August 9, 2024, and is most likely rated R. The film is based on the hit video game “Borderlands.” 

These films will be released in September 2024. The most exciting films released in the seventh month of the year are “Beetlejuice 2” and “Transformers One.” 

“Beetlejuice 2” is expected to be released on September 6, 2024, and to have an age rating of PG-13. The film is a follow-up of the 80s film, “Beetlejuice.” The film has an amazing cast including the likes of Winona Ryder and Jenna Ortega. 

“Transformers One” is set to release on September 13, 2024, and is probably going to have an age rating of PG-13. The film is set on the planet Cybertron and will focus on the relationship between Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Next up are the films of October 2024. The most interesting films released in the spookiest month of the year are “Joker: Folie à Deux,” “Terrifier 3,” and “Smile 2.” 

“Joker: Folie à Deux” is set to release October 4, 2024, and will most likely be rated R. No current known plot has been released, but Joaquin Phoenix will be reprising his role and Lady Gaga will play Harley Quinn in the upcoming Joker film. 

“Terrifier 3” releases October 25, 2024, and will most likely be rated R. The film is the third installment of the series and is about Art the Clown unleashing chaos on Christmas Eve. 

“Smile 2” releases on October 18, 2024, and will very likely be rated R. The film is the sequel to the horrifying movie, “Smile”, and currently, the plot is unknown. 

Junior Chiara Mena stated, “I remember watching the first film and it being terrifying, so I’m excited to get a good scare in.”

The following films will be released in November 2024. The most exciting films set to release in the most thankful time of the year are “Venom 3” and “Wicked.”

“Venom 3” is set to release on November 8, 2024, and is most likely to be rated R. The plot is still unknown for the film. 

“Wicked” releases November 27, 2024, and is most likely PG-13. The film will be the first in a two-part feature film of the Broadway show based on “The Wizard of Oz” characters. 

Finally, these are films that are expected to be released in December 2024. The top films released at the most wonderful time of the year will be “Sonic the Hedgehog 3,” “The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim,” and “The Karate Kid Sequel.” 

“Sonic the Hedgehog 3” releases December 20, 2024, and will probably rated PG. The plot is still under wraps. 

“The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim” releases December 13, 2024, and will most likely be rated PG-13. The plot of the film is about the untold story of an extremely bloody war. 

“The Karate Kid Sequel” releases on December 13, 2024, and will most likely be rated PG-13. The film will include actors Ralph Macchio and Jackie Chan. Also earlier this year, both of the actors released a TikTok saying that they were looking for the next Karate Kid and that anyone was welcome to audition. 

Many are excited to see the many amazing movies that are releasing this upcoming year. Remember to get tickets early and enjoy any of the movies mentioned on the 2024 list.