Celsius energy drinks are a popular choice for both students and staff at FVHS.
Erin Fahringer

What is the best energy drink in 2024?

The best energy drinks are very flavorful and give you a boost of vibrancy, but they should not taste artificial and metallic. The best energy drinks give an instant jolt or boost of energy to one’s senses and overall mood. When testing a bunch of energy drinks simultaneously, it can be hard to tell each of their individual effects on one’s body. Even though you can get a euphoric feeling at first, in due course, you will crash. FVHS newspaper conducted a poll on Instagram to understand what is the most popular energy drink for teenage students.

Many energy drinks have outlandish or odd names. Monster Energy is the most popular energy drink of choice. The fizzing sensation of Monster Energy drinks as a whole is phenomenal, whether it’s giving a delightful fruity taste or a cooling mouth feel. The 16-ounce can has 160 milligrams of caffeine and 54 grams of sugar. The fruit flavors use a lot of natural flavorings and/or fruit concentrate from juice. It was noted in the survey that the white ultra Monster Energy flavor was the most commonly purchased can of Monster Energy, with four stars out of five. 

Celsius Sparkling has been super popular over the last few years for health benefits such as containing vitamins, burning body fat and accelerating one’s metabolism. Celsius is a sparkling energy drink with great flavor, only five ingredients and low calories. It has a lot of vitamin C, vitamin B and ginger root. Celsius’ most popular flavor is sparkling orange. The swim coach for FVHS Samineo Myers loves this drink. It is his go to when it comes to energy drinks due to not tasting artificial and having a great orange flavor. This flavor is popular because it tastes non-metallic and is very fruitful and bright. On the FVHS poll, Celsius’ number one flavor was the orange drink. Celsius seems to be the most popular with most teens and adults due to the wide variety of flavors. There’s something for everyone, whether that’s orange or arctic vibe, there’s something for everybody’s taste buds to enjoy. Overall Celsius was given five-stars out of five. 

Red Bull is known for being a very popular energy drink but that is controversial due to the fact that most of their drinks taste mostly metallic. But that doesn’t apply to their coconut edition coconut berry. Most Red Bulls have vitamins such as B6, B12, niacin and pantothenic acid. Red Bull contains taurine which is an amino acid that occurs naturally in the human body and is usually consumed on a daily basis through diet. Their coconut berry flavor is one of their most popular flavors of Red Bull according to the poll. Red Bull was given 3 out of 5 stars. It has been described as a “refreshing flavor.” The coconut edition coconut does an amazing job masking the metallic taste of most Red Bull flavors.

It’s definitely hard to choose the best energy drink, but these are the three best options for the quickest boost of energy. These are just three examples of the most popular brands and their flavors. There are so many energy drinks on the market, it’s hard to choose the best option. However, overall these have been the most popular, not only for teenagers, but for adults as well.