Women’s basketball team

+Fuquay+Varina+High+School+womens+varsity+basketball+team.
Ella Wachtel
Fuquay Varina High School women’s varsity basketball team.

We are already more than half way through the basketball season, with nine games left.

The women’s basketball team has only won two games of the thirteen they have played. They are eighth in the conference, with three defeats and zero victories. Even though there is still around half the season left, it will be very difficult for the team to overcome this situation and get into the play offs.

Junior Chloe Webb is the leading scorer with 8.8 points per game. Second is senior Megan Ware with 6.5 points per game, and third is senior Kenzie Smith with 5.6 points per game. They don’t seem like bad statistics, but the team struggles to get the actual wins.

“We are not winning, but the games are close. We just have to get over the edge to win,” said Webb.

Their offense needs to improve so that they can qualify for the playoffs, and even though their path would be very complicated, there is still a chance if they turn things around for the last nine games.

The next game is at home against Clayton High School on Friday, Jan. 12 at 6:00 p.m.