Students should buy prom dresses at reasonable price

Fuquay-Varina High School’s free prom dress rack is located in student services.
Erin Fahringer

Prom season is approaching and many students are hoping to find a dress with a quality that outweighs the price. To find the perfect dress, your dress needs to be the right size, color, and be made of quality materials. 

According to GLS COLLECTIVE, reasonable prices for prom dresses are from $300 to $500. Many dresses at Cousin Couture tend to be around this price range and are made with high-quality fabrics and beading.

For many students looking for a dress that is not around $300, shopping at stores such as Windsor and Formalwear Outlet are great options.

“I prefer Windsor. I liked that I was able to look at the dress in the store and try it on. The prices are also really affordable,” said senior Zoe Chesson.

Windsor dresses are best for formal dances and have prices ranging from $16 to $200. Windsor has a variety of dress styles in the store as well as jewelry for a reasonable price, which is perfect for Prom.

“I think the quality somewhat outweighed the price. I would buy from there again,” said Chesson.

Formalwear Outlet is also a great option for formal dresses at a reasonable price. Prices at Formalwear Outlet generally range from $90 to $150, which can be a bit more expensive than Windsor. Despite the price, the comfortable and stretchy fabrics are made to be worn for hours at a time.

“I bought mine at a Formalwear Outlet. Despite the price being $90, the dress was comfortable,” said senior Kayla Jones. 

As a high school student who might not make much money, prices over $100 can be out of your price range. This is why Windsor and Formalwear Outlet are great options.

Dresses made of quality material at a reasonable price might be the best option for Prom if the dress will only be worn once.