Are Wake Tech CCP classes worth it in the long run?

Fuquay Varina High School offers many ways to receive the information on how to apply for college level courses at Wake Tech. This includes bringing in someone who works in a specific department that can give students a lot of useful information.
Ella Wachtel

Wake Tech Career & College Promise classes have been growing in popularity. The Wake Tech CCP program offers high school students the opportunity to earn credits toward something they want to do in college or credentials towards employment. All of this is tuition free.

With being dual enrolled in high school and in Wake Tech, you can earn college credits and credits towards high school graduation. But not all classes will give you high school credit.  Wake Tech also offers a college transfer pathway for the people that plan to continue their education after high school at a four year college.

They also offer a career and technical education pathway which is fit for people that are either seeking immediate employment or want to go to school for a trade. The classes you take at Wake Tech have to be three credits or more to replace a course at FVHS.

With all of this being said, in the long run, is it worth it?

“CCP sped up my degree completion and saved me money. I earned 39 credits over the course of six semesters and over half of the cost of an associate degree. Had I paid for those classes, it would have cost me over $4,000,” said Joseph Warta via jamesgmartin.

Wake Tech CCP is a way to get a headstart and not have to pay a huge sum of money for the college classes you take.

While there are a lot of good things about CCP courses, some students have complained about how they were taught. 

CCP courses are taught in many different ways. The first way is in person, where students go to the campus and learn in person with their professors. The second way is online, where the class is taught fully online and you won’t have to be on campus. Lastly, there is the hybrid option where half is online and the other half is taught on campus.  So how you learn best could determine the outcome of how you do in the classes.

At the moment, it may seem like a lot of hard work, but in the long run, Wake Tech is worth it because of the price and you can get a head start on getting college credits to decrease the amount of debt you have after college.