What are 2024 seniors doing after high school?

Seniors Cameron Pollard, Ximena León, Morgan Bligh, Aibhilin Salazar, and Chloe Prejean are getting ready for the next chapter of life.
Joshua Loughren

As the 2023-2024 year comes to an end and graduation approaches, many of Fuquay-Varina High School seniors already have their post-graduation plans prepared. 

At the end of the year, we interviewed five of our seniors and asked them the dreadful question: What are your plans after graduation? As exhilarating as hearing this question for four years must be, we got some inspiring responses from our interviewees.

“I am going to Loyola Chicago,” senior Ximena León answered. “I am pursuing acting and studying performing arts.”

The next student interviewed is Morgan Bligh who is attending the University of North Carolina. Bligh is going into the engineering part of the medical field.

“Currently, I am planning on going to UNC,” Bligh commented. “I am committed. I am doing biomedical engineering as well as a minor in Spanish. I’ll also be doing the joint program with NC State, and then as soon as I graduate, I will be going to get my master’s degree, and go to med school or PA school. Then hopefully get a career out of that.”

Senior Aibhilin Salazar was interviewed next and is also attending a UNC school.

“After graduation, I am going to go to UNCG for four years to major in information science,” Salazar responded. “But after that, it’s going to be LIS (Library and Information Sciences) as a master’s degree.”

The next senior interviewee, Chloe Prejean, will be a transfer student.

“So, I will be attending Wake Tech in the fall,” said Prejean, who is also heading to Wilmington next year. “Then in the spring, I will be transferring to Wilmington.”

These campuses will be extremely fortunate with the gain of these talented students. Additionally, it is inspiring to see some of our seniors planning on going into the military.

“After graduation, I am planning to work until September,” senior Cameron Pollard answered. “Then after that, I plan on joining the Air Force.”

Seeing all of the different responses of our students gives us a glimpse into our future. Congratulations to all of our seniors! We cannot wait to see the impact you’ll make on the world.