Categories:

Local Sounds: Concerts showcase small band talent

Fuquay-Varina gives smaller bands a chance to perform and do what they love in our local taverns and bars.
Photo by Derek Truninger on Unsplash

Small bands frequently organize live performances in downtown areas to entertain local audiences. Last Saturday evening a small band named “Shy Away” took the stage at Abbey Road Tavern in Fuquay. They play their best and use energy from one another to engage the audience. 

These performances not only entertain people but they also strengthen community bonds, they show us the talent we have in our own town. 

“I always enjoy going to watch the bands perform at Abbey Road and feeling the vibe and energy they put into the air for everyone to enjoy,” said sophomore Camden Baker.

The band “Shy Away” has recently started playing at more local places including Abbey Road, Aviator Pizza, The Brick and more. The lead guitarist enjoys getting to do what he loves, especially with his friends.

“I love playing gigs because I love to play music. Getting paid to play is a perk too,” said sophomore Carter Kagan. 

The people of Fuquay enjoy spending their evenings out at these locations, watching a band grow into something more every time they see them.  

These different bands continue to work hard and practice to make their next performance an even more memorable one. They practice and go over different things and try out different songs to change things up every time they get a new chance to play for people. 

“I enjoy watching different bands and seeing how well they use each other to do their best and give all they can for the show,” said senior Angelina Whelan. 

As the year goes on, more bands will continue to get many more chances to perform and show our town their talent. If you enjoy listening to live music and watching bands grow, head to a local tavern or grill to get just that.