Categories:

FVHS spirit week leads up to Homecoming game

The 2024 Homecoming court, prepares to walk the field tonight. Pictured from left to right: Jaya Cureton (senior), Aiden Russell (freshman), Violetta Stratis (junior), Elaina Cox (freshman), Lucas Roten (senior), Brooke Fuquay (sophomore), Luke Hessing (junior), Jordan Enwereuzor (senior) and Ella Wachtel (senior).

As spirit week wraps up, we come to our homecoming game, which many students, teachers, and parents look forward to every year. FVHS’s Homecoming game is Oct. 4 at 7:30 p.m. Students look forward to the excitement of the game, performances, and the Homecoming court.

Dance teacher Deborah Gray and senior Jordan Enwereuzor participate in Dress for Zoom day.

Jackson Sattelberg said he’s excited to be on the Homecoming sophomore court. He wanted to be on the court for the experience, and he plans to get his parents to walk him down.

Sattelberg said, “I think we’ll have a pretty good game plan this week to beat Cleveland.” Sattelberg believes FVHS’s football team can win. Of course anything can happen at Homecoming. “Guess we’ll [have to] see,” said Sattelberg.

Sophomores Audrey Ehresman and Alyssa Dykstra wear blue for twin day.

Both students and staff enjoyed the break from the usual by dressing up for spirit days.

English as a Second Language teacher Shelby Cole said, “I like to dress for spirit days because it’s kind of a break from wearing all the dressy clothes I wear as a teacher.” She says it gets students and teachers excited for the big game.

Cole explained Homecoming is a very fun game with all the people there. She knows Cleveland has a tough football team but she believes in FVHS. 

“It’s going to be a hard game for Fuquay but I hope we can win,” said Cole.

Sophomore Student Council member Tiffany Nguyen said, “It was smart to do zoom day because the bottoms were comfy and the tops were nice for picture day.” These special days help bring the school together as a whole community.

Sophomores Grace Collet, Aiden Mondragon, and Preston Kruse wear pink on Wednesday.

Junior marching band member Aden Leach said she’s “looking forward to the game.” She’s confident in our football team and believes FVHS will win Homecoming against Cleveland. 

Junior Danielle Johnson, also in the marching band, said, “We know what we are doing.” They will be ready to perform for the school. Johnson and Leach are both excited to see the colorguard perform. They can’t wait to see colorguard captain, Violetta Stratis, be presented as on the junior homecoming court.

Senior Homecoming Queen candidate Ella Wachtel said, “I’m excited to see everyone tonight. I know we’ve all worked so hard to make this a night that we all will remember, even after high school.”