Categories:

What is the point of taking the AP class final after the AP exam?

AP exams can put a lot of pressure on many students, not only do they have to worry about AP exams but afterwards they have to stress about another exam and doing well on them.
Photo by Nguyen Dang Hoang Nhu on Unsplash

As final exams are approaching, a question comes up in our heads. Is there a point in taking an AP class final after the AP exam?

The AP class final is a few weeks after the AP exam. The AP exam includes most of the units learned in class, and some classes do not have anything else to learn after the exam. 

“I think that people who are passing the class, should just take the AP exam and not the final. If they’re failing, they should take both the exams,” said junior Justice Lucas.

The AP class final is for everyone taking the class, excluding the seniors, while the AP exam includes everyone. Our knowledge is tested through the AP exam, meaning, there is no point in taking similar tests twice. 

“I think it’s pointless to have a final after the exam. I think we should just have a project for the AP class final because everything we learned in the class was in our AP exams,” said junior Alana Bullock.

Bullock’s idea of having a project as a final grade seems to be the most popular opinion among many other students. 

Instead of having the final tests in AP classes, we should be able to work on a project and have that as our final grade or have our grades stay the same with extra credit scores from an assignment. 

The school should take account of the testing schedules and reduce the amount of exams we have to take due to the struggles and stress students face during the exam season.