Categories:

People frustrated over AT&T outage

AT&T customers were given $5 to reimburse them for lost services during the outage.
Josh Loughren

On Feb. 23, 2024, users of AT&T noticed that their lines were completely out and they had no reception. The AT&T outage wasn’t just a local issue, this happened all over the world. This had millions of people frustrated that were users of this network.

AT&T is a worldwide provider for cellular service that thousands of households use across the country. Millions of people depend on the coverage of their lines to connect with people daily. It’s the biggest provider in the US according to WebTribunal.  

Students at FVHS had their opinions on this issue. 

“I’ve been a long-time user of AT&T and one morning I woke up to my phone completely not working and to my apps just crashing,” said freshman Ryen Hogan. 

So what started this issue and why did it happen? Many think that the company was cyber-attacked, but AT&T quickly shut down that theory and explained it to the public. 

AT&T announced earlier in the week that they had an incorrect application process while expanding their worldwide network. It was a network error that wiped out the network for a while. They work hard everyday so it doesn’t happen again. 

Users of AT&T got $5 back for each account. $5 for each line is not a reasonable amount for how long their service was out. AT&T should’ve paid people back the amount of money their users lost.