Categories:

Interact Club hosts Fright Night, FCCLA holds Trunk or Treat

Fuquay Varina High School gets ready for its festival and haunted trail on Oct. 28th, 2023.
Ella Wachtel

FVHS’s Interact Club will be hosting Fright Night, which is both a carnival and a haunted trail scare attraction. The carnival will have mostly kids’ games and be a more family oriented experience. The haunted trail will take place later and will be scarier for the older people. Fright Night will take place Saturday, Oct. 28 from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m, near the FVHS tennis courts.

The carnival will have lawn games, arts and crafts, concessions and more. It’s designed to appeal more to younger kids, but will still be entertaining to FVHS students. The haunted trail is Candyland themed and will be scarier, with volunteers dressing up and participating in the trail to scare people.

Currently, Interact Club is still looking for FVHS students to volunteer. Interact Club has a google form on their social media to sign up as either a scarer or helper with the carnival half of Fright Night.

Sophomore and Interact Club president Danielle Johnson is in charge of the planning and execution of Fright Night. 

“We’re looking for as many scarers as possible. The more jumpscares, the better,” Johnson said.

FCCLA’s Trunk or Treat will be held on the same day as Fright Night and will be cross-promoted by Interact Club.

“We will definitely be promoting for them because they are a great organization and we want to support them as much as we can,” Johnson said.

Trunk or Treat is a common October event where people set up halloween displays in the trunks of their cars and give out candy to trick-or-treaters. FCCLA’s Trunk or Treat will take place from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the FVHS parking lot. Anyone is allowed to have a trunk display as long as they get permission from a teacher that’s associated with NHS or FCCLA. There are fliers around the school with information.

Junior and vice president of FCCLA Jesse Toscano is a main contributor to Trunk or Treat and FCCLA’s other events.

“We do have a lot more trunks this year than we did last year, so we have a lot more volunteers,” Toscano said.

Like Fright Night, Trunk or Treat will have lawn games and other things to do, overlapping with Fright Night’s early carnival as well.