Student Council sponsors Volleybros

Volleybros to raise money for The Den Food Pantry

Jace Gaddy, Staff Writer

Bump, set, spike your way into the Volleybros volleyball tournament happening on May 12 at 6:00 pm. Boys from all grades were welcome to sign up for Volleybros and compete in this tournament. With teams in all grades, students can show their athleticism, sportsmanship, and positive attitude while competing in volleyball, as well as watching and cheering on their favorite team.

This event, sponsored by FVHS student council, is a fundraiser for The Den Food Pantry. For a free entry into the volleyball tournament, student council asks that students bring one food item as an entrance fee.

The Fuquay volleyball team members will be coaching their own teams in their grade with one mandatory practice for this competition. This event will be held in the Fuquay Varina basketball gym. 

With covid stopping all school activities last year, FVHS has not been able to host the fun normal activities they usually have.  “It’s time that we regained unity in our student-faculty and what better than some competitive volleyball,” said Student Council Advisor Jennifer Anderson.

At the end of the day, this tournament is built for teamwork, motivation, sportsmanship, and fun in the name of a good cause. These are all things Fuquay represents every day in class, on the field, and even outside of school.  “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard,” said junior Zachary Pearce, words of inspiration for those competing.

All students are welcome to attend and cheer on their favorite Volleybro team.