Lady Bengals Lacrosse remains undefeated

Womens+Lacrosse+wins+Conference+Title+

Women’s Lacrosse wins Conference Title

Jace Gaddy, Sports Writer

With a 9-0 undefeated streak, the women’s lacrosse team has been on top of things. Looking to improve from the last 2021 season being cut short due to covid. They have been putting up crazy scores beating every team by at least 10 points. 

Fuquay Women’s lacrosse team is currently ranked 1st in GNRC (Greater Neuse River Conference) a new conference for all Fuquay sports. The women’s lacrosse is really showing how adaptive they are after being put in this conference and still dominating the field with consistent scoring from captain Ryleigh Schaeffer with 50 goals, Caidyn Arny with 35, and Freshman Kayper Mckinnon with 33.

With great stats from the offense side of the women’s lacrosse, team defense has been just as game-changing for the team. Captain Blythe Ransdell, who leads all defenders in the conference with ground balls (13), is known by her coach for being a lockdown defender, also Goalie Jillian Felman leads the conference with a 57% save percentage and is leading all goalies in ground balls with 13.

Captain of the women’s lacrosse team Ryleigh Schaeffer ranked #31st in the nation for scoring,  states “

We’re coming for the ring this season”  With great optimism from Schaeffer we see the team’s motivation for the upcoming games they face and their mentality for the rest of the season. 

The overall energy and commitment have led this team to their ongoing undefeated streak. Coach Bags states, “FVWLAX is having its best season to date and it’s because the entire team bought into our mission, we have many different players score goals and every player on this team has played and contributed to our amazing start to the season.”   The excitement is growing daily for this women’s lacrosse team and our spectators can’t wait to see what is next for the team in the coming weeks.